Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014 (Masaya Nicaragua)

Well another week has flown by we had a baptism Saturday which was really good the only bad thing is she was scared of the water and cried a lot poor girl her name is Iris Celeste she is 9 years old and she is just the sweetest little girl ever!! 

Hermana Gomez from Guatemala, Hermana Udall, Iris and Diego.

We had another really cool experience we have an investigator that got kicked out of his house because his family didn’t want him there so he came here to Masaya to work but didn’t have any friends so he got into drinking and smoking when my companion first contacted him they were thinking wow he isn’t very positive and didn’t really go back when I got here we decided to go visit him again so we taught him about the Word of Wisdom and he said that he wanted to change so he has stopped drinking but the cigarettes he was smoking about 20 everyday so we set goals with him that every day he was going to smoke less and less we invited him to church and he didn’t go but this last week we invited him and yesterday when we went to get him there he was waiting we got to the church and showed him around nobody had gotten there yet we had to leave to bring someone else but there was one of the strongest members of the church he was waiting there so we felt safe leaving him there for just a little bit when we came back he looked so happy we finished the meeting and he stayed for the second class but then had to leave but later that night we went to his house and he came out super excited and we asked him how he felt and he said I wanted to cry it felt so good to feeling something good from life I felt a peace and joy that I never have before he said I have been to a lot of churches before but they never felt like this. So my companion took the moment and ran with it! We got to testify that that feeling was the holy ghost telling him that he had found the true church and he was doing what he was supposed to they we asked him how many cigarettes he had smoked that day and (remember it has only been a week) and with a huge smile he said ONE he went from 20 to One in a week! These are miracles of God. and I get to see things like this every day if you have been thinking about going on a mission DO IT and if you haven’t been thinking about it NOW is the time to start doesn’t matter if you are a married couple or single ask Heavenly Father and he will tell you what is the right thing to do!! 

We have a Recent Convert her name is Lola she is about the funniest person I have ever met we were in the baptism this last Saturday and she was telling a story that she was walking to the baptism but half way there he skirt broke and fell to the ground IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET so she had to go back home to change and then Sunday she busted into Relief Society and said super loud  SISTER I WAS LOCKED IN THE BATHROOM and I didn’t know what to do I was screaming and nobody heard me I started crying and I was screaming and nobody heard me but then a little girl came and climbed under the stall and opened it for me.....My companion and I almost died laughing and she did to we had to leave so that we weren’t a distraction oh man it was super funny...

This last Friday they had what they call Halloween down here EVERYONE was dressed in black and had super scary masks on oh man worst night ever they were just running around scaring everyone I almost died.

I love you all and hope all is well!! Talk to you next week!! 
 
Current Zone of Elders and Sisters

Current Zone in Masaya in front of a mural about that particular volcano (Masaya).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment