Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 26, 2014 (CCM Mexico City)

Hello everyone! For all of you that are getting my email for the first time sorry I had a blonde moment and forgot my email book at home :) oops!! And I am apologizing in advance for my English it has gotten a lot worse since being here! 

I GOT MY PACKAGE!! My debit card made it safe and sound along with all those wonderful pictures of my family! I was the first in my district to get a package and more have gotten them since then the mail in Nicaragua so I´ve heard is a lot more dependable than the mail here which is good news! 
 
I HAVE MADE IT HALF WAY!! I am also now the senior companion :)
 
Okay so this is the toughest week I have had yet but we will start with the good news! We had a thing called TRC on Thursday its where we have no idea who are investigator is they could work at the CCM or they could be Elders or Hermanas from another district or even from my own district and sometimes they throw in real investigators so needless to say I was a little nervous BUT I said a prayer and I was golden! We got an Hermana from the district that is a week ahead of us her name is Hermana Marcum she is from Seattle Washington so we went in and taught her and the spirit was AWESOME and so strong! After the lesson she looked at us and said wow you sisters have been prepared! I WAS STOKED!! 

So I probably should have told you this a while ago but my second Sunday here I spoke in church.....Solo in EspaƱol...it was AWESOME I was so proud of myself but I know for a fact it wasn´t me that taught! 

Alright two cool stories that prove to me that Heavenly Father knows me and knows when I need a boost! I like to talk to all the people that work here because it gives me a chance to perfect my accent and my Spanish so I was talking to the security guard the other day just about where I am from and things like that and he got all serious and said Hermana OOdall (they cannot say my last name) you have been prepared for this work your Spanish is wonderful! WOOP WOOP!! Thank you Padre Celestial for that! And then this Hermana that teaches here said I had beautiful Spanish! 

Alright another cool thing that happened this week So as part of our morning classes we have a part of class that is called Demonstrate teaching its basically where one of us plays the investigator and the "missionaries" come and teach us but it’s just our teacher Hermano Gallegos and another teacher that comes in well this time we were all sitting there watching and they were talking to Elder Dobieski and they got to the part about the first vision and he quoted it didn't read it and then he just let everything be silent for a few seconds the spirit came in and testified to EVERY SINGLE PERSON in that room that what they were saying is true and all of us are already members it was awesome!! 

Well that wonderful thing happened in the morning and I felt like I was floating on clouds but what goes up must come down ha I got home sick and just didn't feel like I had the spirit with me to teach and we had to teach Carlos that night and Carlos is a very very very difficult investigator he doesn't believe in God he has a problems with his family and he doesn't want to know about the gospel just about our religion....He’s killing me.. So we got in there and he Kept falling asleep and was on his phone and I was just getting so frustrated so the spirit went right out the door so then it was like a thousand times worse so we said a prayer with him and left then we go into class and the teacher we have is the one that's playing that difficult investigator and I can usually separate the two but this time I couldn't so when he came in all bouncy and happy it was rough Lots of prayer happened that night. Then he was having us practice teaching and when I went to open my mouth I just cried but I prayed again and I was able to stop crying and go back to class and work hard! 

We finally got feedback from Carlos WOW! It was not at all as bad as we thought! He wrote in his journal about us and that´s what we got to read keep in mind he is our teacher role playing our investigator. In his journal he talked about the way he love the feeling he had when we were there and he kept having us back because he wanted to feel that again! That´s the Holy Ghost doing his thing!! He talked about how he wanted to know more but he didn't know why and he loved hearing about how the gospel helped us in our lives! YES!! That proved to me it has nothing to do with me as long as I have the spirit that's when the miracles happen after we did that we asked our teacher how our Spanish was and he said it was really good but when we testified and bore witness our Spanish was PERFECT how awesome is that?! The gift of tongues is real!! 

So Here is my mother’s favorite part....I got the stomach flu this week yes that makes the second time I have gotten sick here and I haven't drank any of the water! 
 
I have so much to say and I don’t know how to phrase it! First all of you need to watch the new video for the mutual theme this year talk about AMAZING! Well it is time for me to head out! I love you all so very much and wish you the best!!

Stay strong Stay humble Stay clean

3 Hermana's from the same "Eagar Arizona Stake", Hermana Hamblin, Hermana Poche, and Hermana Udall

Dad(Jeff) is a picture thief! Stole this from Mysha Poche. Thanks for the nice picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment