Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014 (Granada Nicaragua)

Well everyone another week and another month have gone it seems like the time in Nicaragua is in Fast Forward I love it here!! It is HARD but so awesome... and hot it is really hot.... but FABULOUS!! 

SO here are some things that happened this week!! 

We were eating at a member’s house and their daughter walked in that we had never met and we were getting to know here and we found out she was inactive so we proceeded to ask why. She is a sixteen year old girl and this was her answer... "Well I am married and my husband isn’t LDS so I don’t go" WHAT THE WHAT a la grande! Ah man that is a crazy thought getting married at 16....but down here that is normal....

We got a contact from our district leaders this week and we went to contact him, when we contacted him he started speaking to me in English and it took me a long time to think oh wait this is English!! We taught him the whole lesson IN ENGLISH it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life! He asked me to say the prayer and I said it in Spanglish because every time I would start speaking in English I would switch over to Spanish! My wonderful companion did her best and she did really well!! 

So down here I braid my hair basically every day of my life. I didn’t think it was such a big deal but no one down here knows how to french braid so I have been teaching a lot! They love it!! whoo hoo its fun!! 

These first few months have been hard but worth it I can already see my desires changing and my thoughts and feelings are changing it is crazy what happens when you full out hand your life over to the Lord he takes something broken bruised smushed and torn and he doesn’t just fix it he makes it better! I am so grateful for him and for this opportunity I have to wear his name on a little black badge next to mine for 18 months!! My love for the scriptures has increased so much and my love for other people as well it is awesome!! 

I have been blessed with the gift of tongues it has humbled me that he chose me to give this gift to. Some people don’t get this amazing gift but I did I love the Spanish Language and the Spanish people they live so differently than we do but you can tell we all have the light of Christ in us that just needs to be found and strengthened! We can strengthen it by going to church reading scriptures and all those wonderful things we learned in Primary but another one is SHARING IT WITH OTHERS!! Members of the church are the backbone in missionary work without you what we do doesn’t stick so please work with the missionaries and with investigators!! Share your testimony and lead by example!! 

Well this week we had just gotten back to our house after a long day and we were giving one last lesson to the people that live with us and ALL the lights shut off in our whole area. Street lights and EVERYTHING including our fans eeeeek!! Thank Heavenly Father that we were at our house already. Come to find out a transformer had blown so we didn’t have lights yesterday either so it was hard to get the members to church because there weren’t any fans!  We also didn’t have water....which made it even HARDER to get members and investigators to church because they didn’t want people to see them because they hadn’t taken a shower... what a silly reason not to receive blessings.... Right after the lights went out though there were two BIG FLASHES of lightning ohhh man it looked super awesome but it was kinda scary!! Today we have lights but no water. Tomorrow we are praying and hoping for water.

We were walking home and we had the Elders Quorum with us all three of them we had just finished a crazy lesson and we said hello to this lady and the boys were talking to each other so my companion and I started talking to her... When she talking back she was talking to us like you talk to babies hhahahahah oh man it was funny she looked and me and said in a baby voice and how old are you cutie?? I said 20 and she said oh oh oh how cute you cute little baby and she grabbed my hands and oh man I was trying to not laugh she turned to my companion and she kept touching her face and patting her belly oh man alive it was interesting... 

Everyone here wants to speak English so everyone that knows a few words speaks them and those that were shy about it are finally not and they talk a lot to me in English it is fun!! 

I love the work and hope all is well at home! For all of you getting ready to graduate! CONGRATS!!! And good luck!! 

I love all of you and wish you the best!!!



Zone Elders and Sisters working in Granada Nicaragua

 
LtoR Galvez, Escobar, Sorenson, Udall, Gonzales, Gutierrez
Piviral, Tambriz, and Avila.

No comments:

Post a Comment